Labels

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mary's Marvels strike again!!

It has been a very long time since we have been at St. Mary's. There theme of this week was Sports. What a show we put on. Mostly everyone came in a sports jersey, or something that had a sports theme. The kids reacted as soon as they came into the gym. You could hearing them yelling the names of the players we were wearing, and you could always tell that this was going to be a great day at St. Mary's.


I worked with the older kids today. These kids were in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. I came up with a sport that I played when I was their age and had so much fun with it. This week I had the kids played scooter soccer. The goal was to pass the ball 3 times, and the only way you could move was with your feet. The kids had to use their hands to shot the ball into the net. To start the lesson, I felt like I had lost everyone from Greg's lesson before. I had about 4 kids from St. Mary's and the rest were college students. However, as soon as the scooters came out, the kids started to come. Once we started to play the game, more and more kids came because they saw everyone having fun. By the end of the game is was about 9 vs. 9. The kids were into the game. They were yelling at me saying I was making bad calls, they were complaining about who's ball it was. However, this showed they were into the game. They were having fun and were being competitive. Overall I think that scooter soccer went great, and it was a very successful week at St. Mary's.

No comments:

Post a Comment